Processing of Personal Data
We use your personal data to process your orders, to email you the news you have subscribed to, and to contact you by other means, if you consent. At the same time, we use your personal data to improve our products and your experience when shopping from us through any sales channel.
What are personal data and other terms used?
“Personal data” is any type of information that belongs to you and that identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other information available to us. Senapan will collect different personal data about you, which you provide to us, including personal purchase history. Senapan will not collect any special category of personal data (unless otherwise specified).
“Email News” are those electronic news items that include news for information purposes, offers, events, promotions and any other news that Senapan wants to communicate to you;
How and what personal data do we collect?
How do we collect your personal data?
Your personal data is collected through:
- Email news subscription – where each user subscribes to email news, which include informational news, offers, events, promotions and any other news Senapan wants to communicate to you;
- Contact (via internet or telephone) – when you fill out the Contact form on the website, you must provide us with your personal data so that we can process your request and get back in touch with you;
- Registration – Senapan gives you the opportunity to register, so you do not have to enter the delivery information every time you order a product. Registration is not required for purchases and it is your choice whether you want to register or not;
- Contests with prizes – different personal data are collected through contests with prizes, which may have additional terms and conditions, as defined here. Please consult the terms and conditions of each prize competition before participating;
- Our Retail Team – If you wish, you can provide your personal data and our retail team. Of course, this is not necessary to make a purchase.
What is your personal data that we collect?
Depending on what personal data you want to give us and at the time of purchase under any form or manner of collecting personal data, the data collected from you may be:
Email address; First name; name; Address; Postal code and city; Telephone number (landline and / or mobile); Date of birth; personal identification code
When you use our site (contact), the browser sends information about you through our servers, including your IP address, date and time of visit, and information about time spent on our site, referral URL (site- the one you came from); the pages you have visited on our sites; and device and browser information (e.g. browser type and version, operating system).
When you use our sites, you may also activate your location information. All browsers will ask if you agree to sharing this information. Therefore, only in such cases your location information will be communicated to Senapan (eg “find the nearest store”).
What are your rights regarding personal data?
The General Data Protection Regulation recognizes a number of rights in relation to such data. In order to be able to exercise any of these rights, you can contact us using the contact details available on the site:
Access Right allows you to request any of the following:
- to confirm or deny you if we process your personal data.
- to provide you with a copy of all your personal data we use
- to give you other information about your personal data that we have collected, respectively for what we use, whom we disclose, how we protect them, how long we keep them, where we obtained them etc.
The right to rectification gives you the opportunity to ask us to rectify or supplement your inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
The right to delete your data allows you to ask us to delete your personal data if:
- they are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected;
- You have withdrawn the consent on the basis of which they were collected;
- enforce a legal right to object;
- these were processed illegally;
- we have a legal obligation to delete them.
However, when processing your personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend a right in court, we will not comply with your request for data deletion.
The right to restrict data processing may be exercised by you if:
- challenge their accuracy, and you want to restrict the processing until we verify their accuracy;
- processing is illegal, but you do not want to delete your data;
- these are no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected them, but you need them to ascertain, exercise or defend a right in court;
- you have exercised your right to oppose the processing, and checking whether our rights prevail is in progress.
However, when we have your consent or when we retain, exercise or ensure the defense of a right in court or when we protect our rights or that of another natural or legal person, we may continue to use your personal data following restrictive requests.
The right to data portability gives you the opportunity to ask us to provide you with the personal data we have collected from you in a structured, commonly used format that can be read automatically to provide it to another. operator, or you can request that they be ported directly to another data carrier.
In each of the two situations portability is only possible when:
- the processing is based on your consent or the conclusion or performance of a contract with you;
- processing is done by automatic means.
The right of opposition allows you to oppose at any time, for reasons related to the particular situation in which you are, to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest, if you consider that your fundamental rights and freedoms prevail over this interest.
Also, when doing the processing for the purpose of direct marketing you can oppose at any time, without invoking any reason, in which case we will stop this processing as soon as possible.
You have the right not to be the subject of a decision based solely on automatic processing when that decision has legal effects on you or otherwise affects you and to a significant extent.
This right does not apply, however, if the decision reached following the automatic decision making:
- it is necessary for us to conclude or carry out a contract with you;
- it is authorized by law and there are adequate guarantees for your legitimate rights, freedoms and interests;
- is based on your explicit consent.
The right to file a complaint allows you to file a complaint with the Supervisory Authority regarding the processing of your personal data. In Romania, the contact details of the data protection supervisory authority are the following:
National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing, G-ral Boulevard. Gheorghe Magheru no. 28-30, Sector 1, postal code 010336, Bucharest, Romania, Phone: +40.318.059.211 or +40.318.059.212; E-mail: email@example.com
In order to exercise any of these rights, you must send us a request in this regard, a request to which we will respond within one month of receiving it. However, we will be able to extend this period by a maximum of two months when, taking into account the complexity and the number of applications, this will be necessary.